Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH)
Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) is decent, safe, affordable, community-based housing that provides tenants with the rights of tenancy and links to voluntary and flexible supports and services.
- An apartment where the tenant determines their own lifestyle.
- People choose if they want to live in PSH by deciding to apply for tenancy just like any apartment.
- Individuals have, at a minimum, the same responsibilities and protections from eviction that tenants have under the landlord/tenant law of the State, county, city, or other designated entity.
- Each apartment has a door with a lock; tenant has their own key.
- Each apartment has a kitchen with a fridge and a stove, bathroom with shower, living room and bedroom.
- Individuals have the freedom to furnish on their own.
- Tenant's choice of services.
- Tenants control their own schedules and activities.
- Tenants come and go as they please, have visitors, cook their own food, etc.